The North Atlanta Senior Men’s Golf Association (NASMGA) is a like-minded group of senior golfers (over 50) who organize events each month at different member clubs. The current member clubs are: Alpharetta Athletic Club (Crooked Creek and Milton C.C.), Big Canoe, Bridgemill, Brookfield, Chestatee, Crystal Falls, Eagle Watch, Fairways of Canton, Indian Hills, Olde Atlanta, White Columns, Windermere, and Woodmont.
There are two events available to play each month in the golfing season: Open Monthly Tournaments and Inter Club Match Play competitions.
Here are the key points for each:
Open Monthly Tournaments
- Golf outings are organized by tournament directors at the hosting clubs.
- Varying formats are all aimed at a fun and inexpensive day of golf.
- Most events are held early to mid-week.
- Team event pairings are made so you get a chance to meet fellow golfers from other member clubs during a day of fun golf.
- Event fees are usually under $60.00 and include a round of golf, carts, meals (sometimes breakfast and lunch), and prizes – a truly great deal!
- There are usually seven monthly tournaments held from April through October.
Inter-club Match Play
- Member clubs are divided into two divisions at the beginning of the year.
- Each of the teams play all the teams in their division; three at home and three away.
- There are 11 players from each club, plus a club professional. Team captains are responsible for setting club line-ups.
- The cost of matches is set at cart fees plus $5.00 per player to be added to the end of year winners “prize pool.”
- Points in each match are accumulated throughout the season and result in division winning teams (1st and 2nd place) going into a playoff in October.
- It’s a great deal of fun and a bargain to boot. Match play competitions have best been described as “friendly but fierce – golf at its finest.”
Get more information at www.nasmga.com where you can also manage your membership and sign up for tournaments throughout the year. You will receive emails from NASMGA when new tournament signups are open, and from your club’s Match Play Coordinator for match play events.
Annual dues for NASMGA are a very affordable $25.00. The dues are used to offset some tournament expenses, door prizes, etc.
To join NASMGA, send an email to Jim Rice at email@example.com or call (770) 826-8047. Drop off your dues at the Golf Pro Shop in an envelope marked NASMGA.